Monday, August 8, 2016

Art Journey Takes a Turn / Feather Trivet

Hey Friends!

Gosh, I know it's been awhile.

Change is in the works for my art and I'm excited about it!

You know I love to have my hands in paint,

but these days I'm holding and loving my new grandson.

Building signs and painting furniture is not so practical for my day's work.

Instead, I'm working in photoshop and Illustrator 

and creating designs there.

I'm loving my new journey and am excited about 

what new options might be available for my art.



I will always be working on creative projects

for my home

and will post about those

along with my new pattern designs.

Last week I led a group of ladies in a craft class!

We made planked wooden trivets.



We used the scraping method

(dip and drag with cardstock)

to create beautiful feathers.



You might remember we made holiday trivets

before in this post.

Use five 8" 1x2's.

1/4" drill bit for holes.

#10 or # 12 washers.  You'll need 12.

Cotton clothesline cord.


This is a fun group project.

Maybe you can plan a fall craft party too!

I always hope to share things 

that you would love for your home.

Blessings on your journeys ,

Deb



1 comment:

20 North Ora said...

Congratulations on the new grandson!! Aren't they a gift from Heaven? Am anxious to see what you have on the horizon.

Judy