Saturday, November 23, 2013

Have Yourself a "Big" Merry Little Christmas Sign

If you come to visit me this Holiday Season,

my wall will welcome you!



Pin It!
"Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"

will be a big bright happy expression.

This will be my little Christmas corner.

I've got my stockings out, the tree halfway up,

but I always love the sparkly lights anytime.



Pin It!

You could even make this sign to hang outdoors.

Mine measures 30" x 49".

Right, a BIG Merry little Christmas!

I used 1/4" underlayment.

($13 for the whole 4' x 8' sheet)

I framed the board with furring strips.

Here is the construction on back:




To make sure some of the paint would sand off,

I wiped on a little vaseline over the

brown painted surface. (just random and sparse)


That way, after the off white paint,

some places will sand and look chippy old.




I didn't use a photoshop layout this time.

I made a sketch and then measured, marked,

and taped where my lettering would go.

I chalked in all of the design and lettering first.

Easy to change.






Using a flat brush laying in the thick shadow,




Then on it's side for edging.




Then a liner brush in darker charcoal for the drop shadow.




Easy grays, whites, charcoals, and browns

make a restful palette,

and will anchor my cozy Christmas Corner.



This year, my nook will be neutral.

But can't you just see this sign 

in red with white letters!!






I tucked some rosemary clippings in a water pouch

inside of my burlap ribbon.









Pin It!

I love Thanksgiving Week.

But I had to get jump started on my Christmas projects

so that I can share them with all of my creative friends!!

I have more fun things that I'm adding to my Christmas corner.

I will be sharing those later this week.

Hope to see you back soon.

Blessings Friends!

Deb


Sharing at:










13 comments:

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love your sign Deb! So awesome!
Where do you find Photo Shop that you use for your other signs. I never heard of it.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Sandi

Deb Hrabik said...

Thanks Sandi!
Oh, photoshop is a software program for your computer where you can create text and art, etc.
So many possibilities with that techy stuff. I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for stopping,
Deb

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Looks great!! Very festive and fun :)

Keith@ Vintage Crab Jewelry and Crafts said...

Very warm and welcoming. I love the lights!

Inspired by you said...

Love it! Too cute!!

Simply Simplisticated said...

This is FABULOUS! you really knocked my socks off with the way you made this sign.Its so vintagy and festive. Great job.

Feral Turtle said...

Another amazing project. I am pinning this beauty! I have all my Christmas up too.

Marie-Interior Frugalista said...

I love your sign and I especially like the charcoal rather than black letters - softer. Glad I found you over at the Metamorphosis Monday Party!
Marie@InteriorFrugalista

Krista Aasen said...

Oooh I love the vintage look of your lettering- such a pretty sign Deb. I would gladly hang this in my house!!

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! You are so very talented, and I love Thanksgiving week too :)

Have a wonderful & Happy Thanksgiving!
Tanya

Unknown said...

Your sign is beautiful Deb, the mix of fonts are perfect! xo

Dee said...

So Fun! Love the simple yet beautiful design. Thanks for sharing, Dee from My Painted Stuff

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Absolutely adorable!